Skip navigation

Physical Switch for ethernet

142 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 1:03 PM by Mike Osborn RSS
charlesfromcorrales Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 4, 2013 12:29 PM

My question is: is there a physical switch for turning offf the internet {via erhernet} without unplugiging the ethernet cable?  The reason I ask is if the cable is plugged in and I open iPhoto I get a spinning wheel for 30-40 seconds, sometimes longer, before I can use the applicaztion. I'm not usually in a hurry when I get on the computer to work but this is a bug I cannot figure our, an niether could several helpers on theis forum.  I have been unpluygging the internet for a couple weeks now when I want to work on iPhoro and it is getting rather tiresome.  Suggestions would be appreciated. The application did the same thing when I was still on Lion.  I have conntacted my internet provider but they have no clue either.  This whole thing started when I was was forcee to switch providers because of a contract disputre between the provider and it's go-between {the service was wimax.  The service now is through Centuryt Link (Qwest). If someone needs more info I'll be glad to provide what I can.  Everything else on the computer runs like normal with the internet plugged in and has given me no trouble since the provider switch/

Thanks

iMac 320 gb HD, 4 gb memory, ML

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.