Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need cable that can do lighting to 30 pin that supports audio

Does anyone know of lighting to 30 pin adapter that can do audio out does the apple one do that because that's what I'm trying to figure out plus I'm also want to know about any other 3rd part adapters that can do audio out to because I'm trying to convert it to my iHome that can only take old 30 pin adapter I have iPad 4th generation comparability issues that kind goes on to convert to older stuff I'm trying to explain here.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Guy's I need some help from experts...

I bought "Philips - Twin Play Portable Video Viewer for Apple® iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®" from best buy. And, it is committable with Iphone4 & 4S but, I have Iphone5 I tried to buy (third party) adaptor of Lighting to 30 pin convector to make it work but, got message on Iphone5 " Accessory not authorized". Later, purchased same from Apple store and it transmitted only Audio but, not Video. So, have to return.

Please, do anyone have idea where I can purchase Lighting to 30 pin convector which will transmit both audio & video as output.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Loren Ryter

Guy's I need some help from experts...

I bought "Philips - Twin Play Portable Video Viewer for Apple® iPod®, iPhone® and iPad®" from best buy. And, it is committable with Iphone4 & 4S but, I have Iphone5 I tried to buy (third party) adaptor of Lighting to 30 pin convector to make it work but, got message on Iphone5 " Accessory not authorized". Later, purchased same from Apple store and it transmitted only Audio but, not Video. So, have to return.

Please, do anyone have idea where I can purchase Lighting to 30 pin convector which will transmit both audio & video as output.

Feb 14, 2013 2:13 PM in response to nickj89012345

I'm also looking for cheaper Lightning to 30 Pin adaptor cables that support audio out. Surely there is a list of licensed vendors somewhere? Amazon is now offering a lightning to USB cable (presumably licensed) through Amazon Basics, but I don't see a Lightning to 30 pin adaptor cable. If there is one, please provide a link.

By the way, this one through New Egg claims to support audio out for $20, but there are no reviews yet.

I need cable that can do lighting to 30 pin that supports audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.