Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dropped my iphone in the toilet

I had shattered my old iPhone 4 and a friend of mine just gave me another iPhone 4. I got it and under two hours with it, it was in the toilet. Totally by accident. I shed a few tears lol. I recieved the iphone right after it fell into the toilet and started drying it. I seemed to be working fine so i tried to plug it in, nothing happened. About 10 minutes later though the phone screen began turning black, then going back to the original screen. This went on for a good 5 minutes. I tried turning it off, but the phone wouldnt let me. I then remembered the rice idea, so i put it in rice. Its been in the rice for over 48 hours now and i took it out to try it. I plugged it into the wall charger but when i plugged it in the iphone screen remained black and started making weird clicking noises. I put it back into the rice bag immediately. What should i do? Is my phone going to work? or no?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 5:03 PM

You should never try to turn on or charge a wet device until it is fully dry.

It is probably dead.

You should let it dry for a week or so before trying to turn it on or charge it

9 replies

i dropped my iphone in the toilet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.