Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use older ram on a newer macbook pro

I have a MACBOOK PRO 15' LATE 2011 2.2 GHz intel core i7 4gb 1333 MHz DDR3 can I use an 8gb 1066 MHz DDR3 on it???

please need help??

Thank you

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:21 PM

It may work, but the performance won't be the same and it's risky. If you have checked that everything except the RAM speed meets the requirements of your Mac, that memory should work, but your Mac will use 1066 MHz instead of 1333 MHz.

I recommend you to buy new 1333 MHz memory to guarantee the compatibility and save headaches in the future if the 1066 MHz memory doesn't work

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2013 10:21 PM in response to homegrownklick

It may work, but the performance won't be the same and it's risky. If you have checked that everything except the RAM speed meets the requirements of your Mac, that memory should work, but your Mac will use 1066 MHz instead of 1333 MHz.

I recommend you to buy new 1333 MHz memory to guarantee the compatibility and save headaches in the future if the 1066 MHz memory doesn't work

can i use older ram on a newer macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.