Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HTTP Client Error using Gracenote (iTunes 11)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded iTunes to 11.0.1 (12) on OSX 10.8.2

Now when I try to get track names for a new CD I receive a HTTP Client Error message as shown below:

User uploaded file

I don't know whether it is related to the internet connection but I will try a different one soon.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:21 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2013 11:30 AM in response to Bards25

I've also had the same issue across all CDs, multiple OS X releases (at least 10.7 and 10.8), and multiple iTunes releases.

This seems to somehow be a networking related problem, because this problem occurs when I'm at home, but not when I'm at another location I frequent. I've tried adjusting numerous settings on my firewall/router (D-Link DIR-825) to no avail. I've not seen any other networking problems at home using my laptop or any other device, so it really seems to only affect iTunes Gracenote lookups.

Aug 3, 2014 12:15 PM in response to Bards25

Hi Bards, hopefully you have solved your issue, however if you have not you might want to check your proxy and \ or firewall settings. I just had the same issue as you describe, I found that my proxy was not able to forwards the ports required by iTunes, I moved to a non proxied connection and this works fine.

If you are still having same issue you might want to check all the ports iTunes required are open in your firewall and also maybe speak to the administrator of your proxy server and ensure they allow iTunes traffic.

Cheers

Dec 16, 2016 2:06 AM in response to Bards25

I have a solution that works on PC and I would assume Mac as well. It is simple and effective. For unknown reasons my proxy setting seem to default to LAN settings that make it seem like I have no internet connection when I do. First, verify you are indeed online. Go to your browser settings. Click on setting then scroll down to advance settings. Go to Network and click on Change Proxy Settings. A box will come up and toward the bottom you'll see LAN Settings. Click on that and un-check all boxes. Mainly the "Use Proxy Server" box. Un-check it hit OK then OK Go back to itunes refresh and that error should be gone and Gracenote database will connect. I hope this works for you. Depending on your Browser (I use Chrome) it may differ slightly but just make sure the Proxy setting are disabled.

HTTP Client Error using Gracenote (iTunes 11)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.