Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Video Quality Reduced After the Recent Update

Hi,

After the recent update the apple tv airplay mirroring video quality has horribly reduced. Following is my system specifications:

iMac 2012 - OSX 10.8.2

Apple TV - 2nd Generation

Airport Extream 1 TB Base Station

Everything was working fine until last week and now the image quality even while showing the desktop background is terrible.

Please help!!!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:03 PM

12 replies

Feb 7, 2013 4:35 PM in response to James Davie

Me neither, everything is the same as before, the Apple TV is connected over WiFi to my airport extreme which their distance is less than 5 centimeters !!! Also there is no interference with other networks in the area and I haven't found any types of background activities. The quality of the airplay movies are awful but when watching still images is good as before !!!!

Feb 8, 2013 7:12 PM in response to cool3pehr

I had the same issue which only started after the last Apple TV update. 2012 MacBook Air (10.8.2), Apple TV second generation (5.2), and an Airport Extreme base station.

I updated my AirPort Extreme to 7.6.3 (from 7.6.1) and it did not improve the situation.

My WiFi is working great, it has no problem delivering my full internet speed to my MacBook Air (20 Mbps in each direction at SpeedTest.net).

I rebooted the AirPort Extreme and my Apple TV. No help.

I rebooted my Air and that fixed it.

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2013 9:28 AM in response to azrc

After rebooting the Mac Mini for the 2nd time, picture quality is back to normal so somehow it must be at the source Mac Mini or Macbook in other people's cases as the iPad did output great quality.

Hope they find the issue so I don't have to reboot the Mac once in awhile. I had PCs for the that ;-).

Thanks for the help and keeping me on track Andrew!

Airplay Video Quality Reduced After the Recent Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.