Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for I-Tunes 11 I-Pod drag & drop problem!

I upgraded my I-Tunes to the new Version 11, only to find that the I-Pod icon was now showing up at the top right of the screen and I couldn't figure out how to add a playlist to it. Tried to drag and drop, didn't work.

FINALLY figured out that I must first go to View and select "Show sidebar"; now the Ipod is again shown as a Device and I can drag music to it.

Others must be having this problem; thought I'd share.

Zippycat

2-4-13

PS. Is it possible to drag & drop to the IPod without using this method?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:22 PM

Hi zippycat,

You do not need to show the sidebar in order to drag and drop songs into your iPod device or into your playlists. Hide the sidebar so that your iPod shows in the upper right-hand corner again. Click on a song and drag it to the right (not to the iPod button - to the right - straight across). As you get near the right-hand side, a right-hand sidebar will slide into view with your device and all your playlists. Continue to drag the song to the selected playlist or to your device.

Cheers,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2013 8:22 PM in response to zippycat

Hi zippycat,

You do not need to show the sidebar in order to drag and drop songs into your iPod device or into your playlists. Hide the sidebar so that your iPod shows in the upper right-hand corner again. Click on a song and drag it to the right (not to the iPod button - to the right - straight across). As you get near the right-hand side, a right-hand sidebar will slide into view with your device and all your playlists. Continue to drag the song to the selected playlist or to your device.

Cheers,

GB

Solution for I-Tunes 11 I-Pod drag & drop problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.