Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud password and/or login problems

Hiya,

I used to have one email address and password for both my Apple accounts and icloud accounts.

Recently I changed my Apple email address but all my devices were still being backed up with the previous icloud account.

When I go into icloud settings on any ios device and check the account, it's the old address (this is not the problem).

The problem is that when I want to access icloud website, for any reason, I cannot get in. It's like my icloud account doesn't exist anymore. When I try slapping my apple id into the icloud page, it tells me to start by adding a device to icloud.

Is there a way oout of this nightmare I've been in for the past 3 weeks?

Incidently, when I access the icloud settings of my ios devices, it's the old address but I don't dare change anything in case I'm shut out of icloud from there as well! Just as a test, I tried putting in my password and it did not accept it. It looks like my icloud address' password has been changed and I don't know why or how to know what it is. In my quest, I've already reinitiated my apple id's password 3 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:50 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2013 4:08 PM in response to Casey2005

Update on this problem:

I have just installed an update on the iPhone and now it's asking me to confirm my iCloud password. UH OOOOH!

The old ICLOUD address is displayed (which worked until I changed my APPLE ID) but the password I have always used is not working. I am getting shut out of iCloud a little more every day.

Please please someone tell me what's going on...

I've read other posts with the same problem and an answer said to delete the iCloud account on the phone (for example) then create a new one with the new ID. But what proves that everything I have on my previous iCloud will be in the new iCloud account? As all my work and stuff is on it, I cannot risk it... I'd rather know what I'm getting myself into here...

As always, any help is much appreciated.

Feb 6, 2013 5:17 PM in response to Casey2005

I believe your initial issue is that you were trying to access icloud.com from your iPad. You can only access icloud.com from your computer. Try going to icloud.com on your computer and logging into your iCloud account, then confirm that your data is still there.

As for your second post, are you currently signed into your iCloud account on your iPad in Settings>iCloud?

Feb 7, 2013 6:49 AM in response to randers4

Thanks randers4 for your help.

Actually, I was trying to access iCloud from a desktop PC.

When I tried, it gave me an internal error message. On one of my previous tries, I got a message telling me to associate an ios device with iCloud before accessing it via the desktop PC.

I do however have more news. Out of frustration I decided to wipe my iCloud account from my iPad and reconnect with my new Apple ID e-mail. I bit of fear of losing everything but in fact it worked fine. The only trouble is that, to be safe, when I was asked if I wanted to keep or delete all the info on the iPad, I chose to keep it. The result now is double everything in the calendars, tasks, contacts etc.

It's sort of a mess at the moment and I'll have to take a while to sort it all out again, but at least it's done and I know to delete everything in the future.

Thanks again for your help.

iCloud password and/or login problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.