Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Format for Fortran-95

Hi

I have installed Xcode command line tools and gfortran package from HPC website.

Now, I can't figure what format should I use for input files to compiler.

When I used rtf and txt following error occured.......

ld: warning: ignoring file u.txt, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0x47 0x50 0x41 0x20 0x2d 0x2d 0x2d 0x20 0x31 0x30 0x a 0x47 0x52 0x45 0x20 0x2d ) which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): u.txt

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"_main", referenced from:

implicit entry/start for main executable

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

PLease Help....

Thanks

Gurpreet

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 7:56 AM

The source files must be plain text, with an extension of f90. It definitely must not be rich text, and the txt extension is unacceptable. Or the extension might be .f, .F, .F90, or others, depending on the contents of the file. Generally f90 will work. See the gfortran manual, available through a link at the HPC site.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2013 7:56 AM in response to Gosal91

The source files must be plain text, with an extension of f90. It definitely must not be rich text, and the txt extension is unacceptable. Or the extension might be .f, .F, .F90, or others, depending on the contents of the file. Generally f90 will work. See the gfortran manual, available through a link at the HPC site.

File Format for Fortran-95

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.