Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing a Stationery Formatted E-Mail in Mail

I created a document and framed it in one of the stationery formats. It was then sent over to a friend for comments. I can now no longer make changes to the document. Whatever I try - cut, paste, creating a new paragraph is not possible.

I have also tried to move the text to a new document or a blank e-mail format, I can't make any changes.

Please offer any help. Why would this be so restrictive?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 5:32 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2013 1:52 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks, I had tried the reply option as well in my mode of desperation to not type all content over again. It will not let me add anything in in reply mode either. It creates a black box at the end of the document where you can put a new copy. Nothing in the body, not a letter, word or new paragraph, no changes allowed. It's a lot like an IBM Selectric Typewriter used to act . . .

I am installing Outlook where it behaves like a normal mail system.

If anyone has any other thoughts, happy to try them.

Thanks again.

Feb 5, 2013 3:34 PM in response to maxfrompa

Okay, one more update, just to not totally trash Mail. I cut and pasted the text into a new e-mail. The trick on editing is that you have to start from an existing sentence and then it will accept a change. You can't put the cursor at a new paragraph point, the document won't allow a paragraph to be inserted. It only inserts if you continue typing from the previous paragraph, go figure.

I was not able to put this back into stationery form, however, it went off the page and would not realign.

I was able to send out a plain e-mail and not have to re-type.

Lesson learned is that only when all text is perfect can you pretty it up. After that, it won't allow for editing within the form and it won't align properly if you cut and paste into a new stationery form.

That's it.

Editing a Stationery Formatted E-Mail in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.