Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch in iPhone 5 is not as good as iPhone 4's

The touch in iPhone 5 is not as good as the iPhone 4's. I have used iPhone 4 for almost 2 years, and now i have started using iPhone 5. When i type, i am hitting the wrong alphabets or digits quite often. This was never an issue while i was using iPhone 4. So i was wondering if it has something to do with the quality of screen that is being used for iPhone 5.

When i hit the password for say Appstore, almost always it says that i have put the wrong password (implies that i have hit the wrong keys). Then i need to carefully touch the alphabets one by one, and only then it accepts the password. This does not happen even once when i am entering the password for my iPhone 4 (no matter how fast i hit the keys).

I strongly believe the quality of touch which was the USP of iPhone has gone down. IS it because of the vendor for the screens ???

I feel as if am using some Android phone because of the poor quality of touch.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue in iPhone 5?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1, Outright Purchase w/o contract

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 6:15 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2013 10:21 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Absolutely...... But people with large fingers like mine would struggle to type in this new layout of the keyboard.. The keyboard layout till iPhone 4S was just about perfect...

In iPhone 5 when i touch a button, the buttons around the one i intend to click, get clicked more often...

I am just not able to adjust to this new keyboard.......

Guess i will have to trade in my iPhone 5 for my wife's iPhone 4..

She will be more than delighted... 🙂

Touch in iPhone 5 is not as good as iPhone 4's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.