Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Verizon Spectrum phone to my Intel Mac?

I need to connect my new LG Spectrum smart phone to my desktop MacPro running OS X (10.5.8).

I'm scanning and rescanning – with my phone sending its signal, of course – and keep getting the message "Airport Utility was unable to find any Airport wireless devices..." Can someone guide me through the process (step-by step, please) of creating the interface and getting connected so I can temporarily use this device for my internet connection?

I go to System Preferences>Network>+ but then can't find a window that allows me to input my device's address and password, etc.

This is my first experience with Airport and really could use your guidance. Thanks so much! Joel

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 8:04 AM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2013 8:48 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks very much for your reply.

The manual doesn't cover the phone used as an "internet provider." And, I didn't get a wire with my phone anyway. I'm following the instructions from a Verizon tech. – "No wire, just turn on (check) the mobile hotspot button and place the phone NEAR your computer... then enter the address and password into your computer, etc."

How do I connect my Verizon Spectrum phone to my Intel Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.