Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Account in my Address Book (Running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Can someone please tell me how I go about setting up an iCloud account in my Address Book on my Apple iMac (running Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.8).

I already have an up to date Contacts set up in iCloud, which is automatically updating my iPhone (4S Running iOS 6.1). However I need to know what information I need to enter in the respective boxes when I try to add my iCloud account to my Imac Address Book.

For instance what type of Account is it: CardDAV, Exchange 2007 or LDAP? Once one of these options have been selected, what is the other information I need?

Sorry if I sound a complete ignoramous (it's because I am!) But I would like to end up with every entry in my iMac Address Book automatically syncing through iCloud with my IPhone.

I'd appreciate any help, even if it's someone saying "It Can't Be Done in Snow Leopard"

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Intel based

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 9:10 AM

It can't be done in Snow Leopard, which doesn't have the required programming in place.

It's possible to fudge Snow Leopard to sync iCal to iCloud, and there has been an alleged method of being able to do this with Contacts floating around:

http://ihelpyourmac.com/wordpress/?p=23

but I'm not convinced that anyone has ever got it to work.

The only thing you can reliably do is to transfer contacts by exporting as a vCard from the iCloud website and then importing that into Address Book. (On the website, click the top contact then shift-click the bottom one to select all, click the cogwheel icon at bottom left and choose 'Export vCard'. Then in Address Book choose 'Import' from the File menu.)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2013 9:10 AM in response to acprinting

It can't be done in Snow Leopard, which doesn't have the required programming in place.

It's possible to fudge Snow Leopard to sync iCal to iCloud, and there has been an alleged method of being able to do this with Contacts floating around:

http://ihelpyourmac.com/wordpress/?p=23

but I'm not convinced that anyone has ever got it to work.

The only thing you can reliably do is to transfer contacts by exporting as a vCard from the iCloud website and then importing that into Address Book. (On the website, click the top contact then shift-click the bottom one to select all, click the cogwheel icon at bottom left and choose 'Export vCard'. Then in Address Book choose 'Import' from the File menu.)

Dec 15, 2013 8:11 AM in response to Mehta88

Mehta88 wrote:

All you have to do, is select all contacts, go to file > Export > Export V card and save it somewhere easy like your desktop. Then in Icloud contacts, at the bottom left click the gear icon > Import V card, and select the file you just creatd on your desktop! Too Easy!

Please test your suggestions prior to posting them, this will not allow iCloud contact synchronization, try it for yourself.

Feb 16, 2014 4:04 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello Roger,

Please excuse me for being a bit cheeky and dealing with an item that has nothing whatsoever to do with Apple/iMacs/iPhones/iPods or iPads! But does have everything to do with a The Tony Hancock Appreciation Society - of whom I am it's Vice President.

In your capacity as the author of the 'definitive' biography of the lad himself and several other brilliant books in my collection. I wonder if you would consider being one of our honoured guests on May 4th at our Annual Bournemouth Reunion? Travel and Accomodation is provided by the Society and the invitation extends to you and whoever you wish to accompany you. A three course meal is provided, along with full board at The Queens Hotel and Spa (where our event is held). On average we have between 40 and 60 members in attendance and all we ask is that you could give a short after dinner speech to those attending.

Obviously I can supply more detailed information before the event, but all I am hoping for at this stage is an acceptance from you in order that we can publish so in our next magazine (entitled The Missing Page) due out next month.

Thank you and kindest regards

Andrew Clayden

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iCloud Account in my Address Book (Running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.