Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Debit Card on App Store

I live in India.Earlier I was using my Debit Card to purchase apps from the App Store.But now I don't know what has happened,whenever I enter my debit card details,it is always declined.

What should I do ?

Please help me !

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:41 AM

IamArunNirmal wrote:

What should I do ?

Contact iTunes Customer Service and request assistance

Use this Link > Apple Support iTunes Store Contact

19 replies

Feb 5, 2013 11:42 AM in response to IamArunNirmal

Apple accepts credit cards, but debit cards have been phased out as an acceptable payment method starting over year or so ago. They continued to work for many people for a long time, but once they don't, you must then use a credit card or other form of payment.

Until December 6 last year, Apple's Terms and Conditions specifically omitted any mention of debit cards, and specifically included credit cards as an acceptable form of payment. Now, they are silent on the issue and only say you must use "an acceptable payment method". To determine what that is, you have to research more:

iTunes Store: How iTunes Store purchases are billed

Billing process

When you make a purchase in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, App Store, or iBookstore your account will be billed at the time of or shortly after your transaction. If you use a credit card or PayPal account for a transaction, Apple may obtain preapproval for an amount up to the amount of the order. ...

All fees will be billed to the credit card or PayPal account you designate during the registration process.

No mention of debit cards.

I hope this eliminates any uncertainty regarding this problem.

Mar 12, 2016 11:14 AM in response to annie3817

As long as you don't owe iTunes money, and aren't the family organiser in family sharing, then you should be able to remove your card from your account : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

That should let you download free items, redownload past purchases and download app updates.

To buy more items, are iTunes gift cards available in your country to use as your payment method ?

Debit Card on App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.