Skip navigation

Debit Card on App Store

10543 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 11:42 AM by John Galt RSS
IamArunNirmal Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 5, 2013 11:38 AM

I live in India.Earlier I was using my Debit Card to purchase apps from the App Store.But now I don't know what has happened,whenever I enter my debit card details,it is always declined.

What should I do ?

Please help me !

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1
  • AnaMusic Level 9 Level 9 (55,165 points)
    Feb 5, 2013 11:41 AM (in response to IamArunNirmal)

IamArunNirmal wrote:

What should I do ?

Contact iTunes Customer Service and request assistance

Use this Link  >  Apple  Support  iTunes Store  Contact

• John Galt Level 7 Level 7 (33,090 points)
    Feb 5, 2013 11:42 AM (in response to IamArunNirmal)

Apple accepts credit cards, but debit cards have been phased out as an acceptable payment method starting over year or so ago. They continued to work for many people for a long time, but once they don't, you must then use a credit card or other form of payment.

Until December 6 last year, Apple's Terms and Conditions specifically omitted any mention of debit cards, and specifically included credit cards as an acceptable form of payment. Now, they are silent on the issue and only say you must use "an acceptable payment method". To determine what that is, you have to research more:

iTunes Store: How iTunes Store purchases are billed

Billing process

When you make a purchase in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, App Store, or iBookstore your account will be billed at the time of or shortly after your transaction. If you use a credit card or PayPal account for a transaction, Apple may obtain preapproval for an amount up to the amount of the order. ...

All fees will be billed to the credit card or PayPal account you designate during the registration process.

No mention of debit cards.

I hope this eliminates any uncertainty regarding this problem.

MacBooks  iMacs  iPads  AirPorts, OS X Mountain Lion,  28 years Apple!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.