Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud e-mail on apple id won't change?

I have changed my e-mail on my icloud and updated to the new software, yet it still shows my old e-mail and I can't find out where to change it, therefore my icloud isn't working... any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:43 AM

To change your iCloud ID and/or password, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with your updated credentials. Deleting the account will only delete the account and any iCloud data from your device, not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account and not changing accounts, your data will be synced back to your device when you sign back in.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2013 11:43 AM in response to emilyrose9673

To change your iCloud ID and/or password, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with your updated credentials. Deleting the account will only delete the account and any iCloud data from your device, not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account and not changing accounts, your data will be synced back to your device when you sign back in.

Oct 26, 2014 2:45 PM in response to randers4

Finally figured that out. Worked fine to reset my iphone and ipod. HOWEVER, all I get on my ipad mini is this vicious circle, wanting me to sign in with the old id. After the 3rd try, it tells me I must have forgotten the password and wants me to reset it. I've tried resetting the ipad but can't get past the old sign in.

Oct 26, 2014 2:48 PM in response to blbobb

If the old ID is an earlier version of the ID you want to sign in with, do the following:

Make sure you are signed into iMessage and FaceTime with your current ID. If they are signed into the old ID, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and Settings>FaceTime, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with your current ID.

Then temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. (You should not have to verify the old email account so it doesn’t matter if you no longer have access to it.) Now go to Settings>iCloud, turn off Find My iDevice and enter your current password when prompted (even though it prompts you for the password for your old ID). Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll (unless using iCloud Photo Library). When finished goThen go to Settings>iCloud, tap Sign Out (or Delete Account if you are not running iOS 8) and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign back in with your current iCloud ID and password (your data will download back to your device).

iCloud e-mail on apple id won't change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.