Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 4 with 1 Beatles album on it that I loaded from CD. I just purchased iMatch. When I activated iMatch on the iPhone it deleted ALL my music from the iPhone and never added my Beatles album to my iMatch account. What gives?

So, I have songs on the iPhone that I've added via CD and iTunes on my desktop. I thought by purchasing iTunes Match these songs would be uploaded to my iTunes account and then available on all my devices. However, when I activated iTunes Match on the iPhone it said all my iPhone music would be deleted and replaced by Match and it was. So exactly how am I supposed to have the music I purchased outside iTunes save in my account for downloading to my other devices?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 2:28 AM

The iTunes Match process only scans, matches and uploads from iTunes on a computer. It does not do so on an iOS device. The service must first be activated in iTunes on a computer, let the scan, match and upload process complete then the service can be enabled on the iOS device.

3 replies

I have an iPhone 4 with 1 Beatles album on it that I loaded from CD. I just purchased iMatch. When I activated iMatch on the iPhone it deleted ALL my music from the iPhone and never added my Beatles album to my iMatch account. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.