Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes error 5002

I am having trouble downloading digital copies. I enter the redemption code with the disc in the drive and then after entering my password to redeem the copy from the store it either states "We Could not complete your itunes store request. The iTunes store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I don't have any problems downloading something from the store itself (I tried a free app and it worked just fine).

Any suggestions out there? I've done a lot of things that some of the threads say worked for others, but they didn't work for me. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:58 PM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2013 5:19 AM in response to MadDoc76

I'm having the same issue. Tried to transfer the Peter Pan digital copy and get the same results posted above. I've tried rebooting and restarting numerous times with no luck.

I've also updated my credit card info and that didn't help.

I also can download free apps from the app store but am unable to transfer this digital copy.

Feb 7, 2013 7:59 AM in response to zacwoodruff

UPDATE: I am successfully downloading the movie this morning as I write this. To answer Zac's question though: Apple had said that it was fixed on their end and said it may be a connection speed probem on my end. I doubt that at 50MB/s. I think whatever the problem was is fixed now. The same thing ha[[ened for me with Iron Man 2, Transformers 3, and The Grey digital copies where it didn't actually work until a couple of days after the disc hit the shelves. Hope it works for all of you now as well...

itunes error 5002

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.