Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture isn't recognizing my iPhone

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4S that simply won't be recognized... in Aperture, iPhoto, or ImageCapture. iTunes recognizes it with no problem. The problem started when I recently installed Aperture - before, when I used iPhoto exclusively, I had no problem.

I deleted any downloaded photos from my camera roll so that all that's left are photos and videos I've taken myself with the phone... I tried plugging it in along with my DSLR - it showed up once, but now never again (Aperture recognizes my DSLR just fine). Yesterday I tried installing the iOS update to my phone and it crashed at the very last verification step - I ended up having to force-restore the phone, and then thankfully was able to restore from a backup so I didn't lose my camera roll. I was hoping that that restore would do the trick, but no dice.

Any suggestions? I have my preferences set to open Aperture upon device connection. I'm frustrated because I have a lot of video on my phone that I want to upload to my computer... and I'm stuck not being able to take pictures or video now because I can't get those off and my phone is full.

Oh... and while I maybe have someone who understands the Aperture/iPhoto library system, I have a second question. I was under the impression that Aperture and iPhoto are supposed to work seamlessly together and share a library. When I installed Aperture, it asked me if I wanted to import my iPhoto library, and I said yes. Why are there fewer photos in Aperture than in iPhoto? I see places where things are missing... an existing but empty event in Aperture that's there in iPhoto for example. When I'm syncing in iTunes and go to the photos tab, syncing my iPhoto library comes up with a much larger photo count than syncing with Aperture. How do I truly combine libraries? I want to use Aperture most of the time... I only really need iPhoto for the annual calendar. So I guess I'd prefer if the library files were housed on the Aperture side of things.

Do I just have a buggy version of Aperture? I have had to force quit it a LOT. I'm happy to re-download the software if it'll solve these problems... if I did that would I need to do anything other than trash the Aperture folder from my Applications folder and start anew in the store?

Thank you so much for any help!

Mardie

iMac 3.2GHz, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 4:21 PM

There are no replies.

Aperture isn't recognizing my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.