Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update drama - corrupt firmware

Hi guys,

so after my second trip in as many updates I finally had a genius at the genius bar give me some insight into what may be wrong and why my phone goes into recovery mode everytime I try and update it from my PC.

I may have corrupt firmware in the software updates folder, which is a relief because I don't know enough about computers to diagnose and repair the problem myself. The lovely lady (Bec @ perth city apple store) emailed me a link to find the folder and remove it, negating the corrupt firmware issue and fixing my problem.

Not so fast, says windows PC.

After following the directions on the link on where to find the folder (Windows 7) I discover that the folder is NOT THERE. It doesn't exist. Even after making sure "show hidden files + folders" is checked, still not there.

Which brings me to my problem, how am I to remove the corrupt files if they don't exist? below is the link she emailed me. (I was told that it is an OLD link and it's for iPod, however she said replace iPod with iPhone and essentially the same thing) http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1813?viewlocale=en_US

Cheers in advance,

Cmad

UPDATE: Found he folders, the link was accurate I was looking in the wrong place...my bad. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 6:27 PM

There are no replies.

Update drama - corrupt firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.