Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persian (Farsi) font, letters not attached

I've recently downloaded a Persian (Farsi) font called Nastaliq, and when I use it in Notes and Text Edit with the Persian Keyboard as the input, it works perfectly fine. However when i use it in Pages, non of the letters attach or connect together.

This is how its suppoed to be:

ÙŰ§Ù†ŰȘ

This is what it shows in Pages though:

ف ۧ ن ŰȘ

Since it works in other softwares and the mac itself, it leads me to belive there may be a setting or something that I may need to change, or maybe a switch or something that needs to be made.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 9:54 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2013 5:34 AM in response to ChuckeyT

ChuckeyT wrote:

Since it works in other softwares and the mac itself, it leads me to belive there may be a setting or something that I may need to change, or maybe a switch or something that needs to be made.

Unfortunately Pages has never been updated to be able to use Windows Arabic fonts. You have to use one of those supplied by Apple or an AAT font from elsewhere. There is no user fix for this, but you can ask Apple to fix it via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Regarding AAT Arabic fonts, Apple provides Geeza Pro, Al Bayan, Baghdad, Damascus, DecoType Naskh, KufiStandard, Nadeem. Others are (from SIL) Lateef AAT and Scheherazade AAT, and the XW Zar (and perhaps others) fonts available at

http://www.redlers.com/downloadfont.html

Mar 12, 2015 8:17 AM in response to ChuckeyT

If you need to use word for mac inspire of all the above mentioned problems and should type in persian, you can try this:

Copy a couple of words or a sentence that is written in persian from anywhere (you can just download and keep a word or html file in persian from internet), then paste the sentence in your new word document. Now select the same sentence and begin typing your own words in place of the highlighted words. Now you can go on typing this new document in persian without that problem. Anytime this happens again you can just use the copy format key and copy the format from the correctly typed location and apply it to the other one.

Persian (Farsi) font, letters not attached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.