Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green screen at start of compressed video

Hey everyone,

After having edited my video footage for a project in FCP7, I'm attempting to export each clip from my timeline and color correct them in Lightroom, with the intention of re-connecting them with the newly color corrected versions. The problem I'm encountering is that when I export the color corrected clips from Lightroom as mp4s and attempt to use Compressor to change them back into ProRes files, they wind up having an entirely green screen at the beginning of each clip, which screws up the timing of them by a few frames when I reconnect the media in FCP. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 11:44 AM

kramer921 wrote:

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I have not, but I also wouldn't use Lightroom in the workflow. Instead, either Color. Davinci Lite, or the color correctors within FCP would be the recommended tools.

If I understand correctly, your export options are limited to h.264. So, green frame aside, after grading, your movie is then compressed to a long GOP codec before bringing it into Compressor…so you will lose critical information (including color) due to that extra generation of compression.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2013 11:44 AM in response to kramer921

kramer921 wrote:

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I have not, but I also wouldn't use Lightroom in the workflow. Instead, either Color. Davinci Lite, or the color correctors within FCP would be the recommended tools.

If I understand correctly, your export options are limited to h.264. So, green frame aside, after grading, your movie is then compressed to a long GOP codec before bringing it into Compressor…so you will lose critical information (including color) due to that extra generation of compression.

Good luck.

Russ

Sep 4, 2015 8:52 AM in response to kramer921

OS X 10.10.5

Compressor 4.2.1

After updating to 4.2.1 very slow and glitchy on 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Power Mac with 16GB of Memory.

Compressing a short intro .np4 video, using built-in preset (Apple Devices - SD for Apple Devices)

Adding green-screen to the beginning of the video.

HandBrake a free software, great alternative!

Green screen at start of compressed video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.