Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented movies on my iMac & put them on iPad. Got a new iPad & need them on the new one.

I rented four movies for a trip on my new iMac. I ran out of room on my 64 GB iPad, so I am buying the new 128GB iPad at the Apple Store tomorrow. How can I transfer the rentals back to my iMac so I can put them on my new iPad for my trip?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1, 64GB

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:36 PM

I found the answer to my problem. With my iPad connected to my iMac, I clicked on the tab at the top of iTunes called "Movies." There I saw my rented movies. As I selected each rental, a button appeared with "Move" or "Delete." I selected "Move" for each movie, and they are now being transferred back to my iMac in iTunes. I did rent one movie ON my iPad and I realize that one will not transfer back to my iMac/ iTunes. Bummer for that, but at least it only applies to one of the rentals!

They now appear under "Movies" and then "Rented" back on my iMac in iTunes.

I hope this information can help someone else.

I am so happy to get my new 128GB iPad tomorrow so I can put as many movies and tv shows as I want on it for my trips!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2013 11:36 PM in response to Carol G

I found the answer to my problem. With my iPad connected to my iMac, I clicked on the tab at the top of iTunes called "Movies." There I saw my rented movies. As I selected each rental, a button appeared with "Move" or "Delete." I selected "Move" for each movie, and they are now being transferred back to my iMac in iTunes. I did rent one movie ON my iPad and I realize that one will not transfer back to my iMac/ iTunes. Bummer for that, but at least it only applies to one of the rentals!

They now appear under "Movies" and then "Rented" back on my iMac in iTunes.

I hope this information can help someone else.

I am so happy to get my new 128GB iPad tomorrow so I can put as many movies and tv shows as I want on it for my trips!

I rented movies on my iMac & put them on iPad. Got a new iPad & need them on the new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.