What am I doing wrong?
Yes - how about do You think we will know ?
When You feed us no info at all !
• What kind of material did You feed iDVD (Video-codecs, Photo fiel formats and Audio file formats)
• How long in duration is material - in minutes ?
• What theme did You select to use ?
• is this theme Animated or Still ?
• Any Music/Audio on theme MENU ?
• What BRAND of DVD did You use ?
• What type of DVD did You use ?
• What Encoding Quality did You use ?
• Free Space on Start-Up (Mac OS) Hard Disk - How Much ?
• Version of iDVD ?
And that's just to start us up
DID YOU TRY (or Please DO)
• Save as a DiskImage
• test play this with Apple DVD-tool
• then burn this .img file to a DVD - BY USING - Apple Disk Util tool
This way we find out where in the process it goes wrong.
Yours wanting to help - but never any good in MIND-READING - Bengt W
I was having the same problem (couldn't even burn to an image.) I think iDVD has been simply forgotten. I had to start all over, but here's what I did differently:
1. Set the preference to DL DVD
2. Turned *off* encode in the background
3. Turned on always add slideshow photos to DVD ROM.
Then I re-created the project and, so far, have not had issues (I'm currently burning to an image.)
The above was accomplished after deleting the iDVD .plist files in Library. So, while not sure, my assumption is that since it has been so long since an update, iDVD doesn't like it when you make a whole bunch of project changes after you've started it. Doesn't make sense, but I'm going with Occam's Razor on this one.