Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does Apple take payment for iMac after order?

Hello everyone,

I am looking at ordering a new iMac from the Apple online store but as it takes so long to dispatch I was wondering if the money is taken from your account the second you order or if maybe just before they start to put it together for you they then take the payment as I will be getting the funds in the next week or so but I want to order it now so that it would arrive quicker.

Thanks,

Danny

iMac

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:46 AM

Danny,

When you place the order, Apple Store will "encumber" the funds but not post the charge, just to see if your credit card is valid. When the order reaches the "Preparing to Ship" stage, you will see a "pending charge" appear on your credit card. For me, I did not actually see the charge post to my credit card until it had arrived at my home.

I hope this helps.

Larry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2013 6:46 AM in response to Daniel Christopher Rea

Danny,

When you place the order, Apple Store will "encumber" the funds but not post the charge, just to see if your credit card is valid. When the order reaches the "Preparing to Ship" stage, you will see a "pending charge" appear on your credit card. For me, I did not actually see the charge post to my credit card until it had arrived at my home.

I hope this helps.

Larry

Apr 28, 2013 11:28 AM in response to byrdchem

Hello Larry,

Apolagies for the late reply. In fact I did cancel that order and decided to save some more money to then puchase the absolute top of the line iMac instead. I would have wished I did anyway so that's what happened. I am currently waiting for the iMac to arrive, I ordered it on Friday the 26th of April and am expecting it to arrive between the 2nd and 7th of May according to Apple's estimated time. 🙂

When does Apple take payment for iMac after order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.