Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes display Choose a Carrier but not allow it?

When attempting to run several different model Apple iPhone devices through iTunes, I keep encountering the attached screenshot. What does this mean? I cannot choose a carrier and the devices will not go past this message screen. Can anyone provide any insight into what may be occurring here? My guess is that these are unlocked phones. But, I *have* to be sure, its my job. Thanks in advance for any info.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 7:23 AM

If you cannot follow the process on the iPhone as described then my guess would be that they are locked phones and the carrier they are locked to isn't available where you are. Have the phones got SIMs in them? If not that might explain why you are not able to select a carrier.

tt2

9 replies

Feb 6, 2013 9:19 AM in response to turingtest2

My job is to make sure devices are clear of user data. Yes, 99% of ours are used. If I could get into these units I could check carrier and such, but cannot get past activation at this point. I am hoping someone in the know or someone else with a similar problem has some insight into this. I have to make a determination as to whether or not these units are data cleared for production purposes. I don't want to make a company wide decision without a LOT more info or being able to get into them and see that they are indeed clear. Its a fairly young industry. Sometimes blazing trails really burns. 🙂

Thank you very much for your input.

Everyone 🙂

Why does iTunes display Choose a Carrier but not allow it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.