Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud telling me it's restored to too many devices - options?

So I just replaced my 5 with another one and iCloud begins to restore my last backup, reboots, then halts when it starts to download the apps / app data and tells me my iCloud account has restored to too many devices within 90 days. I found online that there actually is a limitation to this, as ridiculous as that is... so I don't doubt that iCloud is correct. I get why they do it, so I don't want to debate that. Here are my questions...

#1 - I can't figure out how to tell when that 90 days is up, or at what point it's reset. I've removed all old devices from my iTunes account, but don't see anywhere else to check this.

#2 - It appears that the only thing it's not allowing me to restore is my installed apps and their data. Photostream restores, settings restore, iTunes Match still works. It's simply the apps that have to be redownloaded and start from scratch. If this is true, then it's not the end of the world, I just wish I could figure out #1.

#3 - I'm assuming my only other option would be to use iTunes to backup until that 90 days resets...

TIA for any tips or thoughts on this...

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 8:51 AM

2 replies

iCloud telling me it's restored to too many devices - options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.