Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a old macbook 2006 with newer 500 GB seagate Momentus hard drive. I took mac to apple store and they said logic board is bad. Can I purcase another used macbook and install my old seagate hard drive and have saved my information? Thanks for any imput

Have a old macbook 2006 with newer 500 GB seagate Momentus hard drive. I did not backup any docs or pictures. The macbook crashed my fault. I took mac to apple store and they said logic board is bad. Can I purcase another used macbook and install my old seagate hard drive and have saved all my information? Thanks for any imput.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 9:27 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

As the problem is with the logic board, they won't replace the hard drive, so you will keep everything. Note that the hard drive isn't soldered onto the logic board

4 replies

Have a old macbook 2006 with newer 500 GB seagate Momentus hard drive. I took mac to apple store and they said logic board is bad. Can I purcase another used macbook and install my old seagate hard drive and have saved my information? Thanks for any imput

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.