Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing handouts for keynote

I can't find the print handouts using greyscale within the Keynote print options. Any ideas? I also would like to print with 6 slides on one page in a two column format to save space but I can only seem to find one version of print which is the slides on the far left and open spaces on the far right. Assistance please.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 9:53 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2013 11:28 AM in response to KLS16

I can't find the print handouts using greyscale

this is selected in the printer driver section of the print dialogue;

the specific option will depend on the make of printer

for HP printers it will be in; colour options > print in grayscale

in a two column format

there is not a feature in Keynote to print two columns of pictures, however you can do this in the Layout section of the print driver: set to 6 pages per sheet in a top to bottom and left to right flow

Feb 6, 2013 12:24 PM in response to KLS16

Step 1: I open my Keynote handout presentation. I select File/ Print. Keynote defaults to Keynote in drop down box - I select "Layout."

Step 2: In the "Pages Per Sheet" box, I choose 6. Note: This "Pages per Sheet" choice doesn't appear on the default "Keynote" print screen.

Step 3: I click "PDF" button in lower left and chose "Save as PDF" This gives me a color pdf - 6 slides per page. In the sample I'm working on, I have now created a 16 MB PDF file

Now my goal is to convert to gray scale and to reduce the file size.

Step 4: Open the newly created PDF handout in Apple Preview. I choose "File/Save As... "

In the "Quartz Filter" selection box, I choose "Gray Tone." I save that new gray tone PDF. Nice looking handout, but I have greatly increased the file size. (from 16 to 103 MB). Too big to send to the client!

Step 5: I open the newly created Gray Tone version of the pdf in Preview and do another "Save As..." Just like in step 4. This time in the "Quartz Filter" selection box, I choose "Reduce File Size." That creates a new PDF with file size reduced from 103 MB to 5.7 MB (Even smaller than 16 MB color PDF I created in step 3)

Not the most elegant solution if you are used to the ease of doing this in PowerPoint .

Hope this helps!

printing handouts for keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.