I am working on the project using FCP X and am now trying to configure 5.1 surround audio. I am familiar with the way Soundtrack Pro handles surround panning. I am straggling with the new definitions and controls inside FCP X. I hope someone can assist me with this.
1. Sometimes Surround Panner affects Advanced settings and sometimes it does not. What is their relationship?
2. What is Pan Amount relationship to the Advanced settings?
3. Is there a way to set a pack position using numeric values, as it was in Soundtrack (Y,Z)?
4. Questions about Advanced settings
What is Decoded signal? By Original do you mean original audio brought into FCP X?
How does this setting differ from just moving puck (the control)? What does balanced evenly means? Does it mean that 50% of the Original
signal goes to center and 50% to the surround signals?
How does this setting differ from Attenuate/Collapse setting?
How does this setting differ from Ambient/Direct setting? What does balanced evenly means? Does it mean that all center signal stays at center and all surround signals stay where they are? Is it the same as Center bias in Soundtrack Pro?
5. Paste Attributes does not work for audio clips with surround?!
6. Sometimes clips loose surround setting after closing FCP X?!
7. Is there way to save surround audio settings as a preset?