Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart List not updating on iPod (Classic)

I've got an iPod Classic with my entire iTunes library syncing to it. I'm running iTunes 11.0.1.12 on Windows 7.

I have a Smart Playlist that I have been using for several years, and until recently, when I sync the playlist to the iPod, it updates while I play music. The Smart Playlist is actually based on another one, but this is basically how it is set up.

User uploaded file

"Jamz" is actually another Smart Playlist

User uploaded file

So when I play the songs from the "Jams 5 star" playlist, normally once a song has been played, it no longer qualifies for the list, so it gets replaced by a new one. This has been working on my iPod for a long time. However, I recently noticed that it was no longer updating, for me to update the list, I have to now sync the iPod with iTunes.

As I am away from home for work a lot, sometimes for weeks at a time, it is important I get this fixed, but I can't seem to find the problem. I have some other playlists that are working properly on the iPod, this one (and others that are very similar) are not working, and I can't figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 12:47 PM

There are no replies.

Smart List not updating on iPod (Classic)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.