Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't activate my iPhone 4s tried everything! Please help

Hello. I have an annoying problem and I hope someone here could help me.

I bought a iPhone 4S. The iphone used to be locked to AT&T but after a while it became unlocked.

When I try to activate my iPhone with my sim I got a massage that the activation server is temporarily unavailable. I tried also to activate through the iTunes but got a massage that says "you request can't be completed...". The Wifi has the same result.

I check my iPhone imei on the net and discover that the "activation" and "registered" is false. And also I have noticed that the apple server is down for few days.

May the apple's server cause this problem? I waited a long time but nothing happening. It looks like the iphone was never activated or registered before.

Please tell me what can I do. Here is the details I got for the IMEI:

Telephone Technical Support :Unknow
Registered Status :No
Activated Status : No
Purchase date :Validated
SIM Lock Status :Apple Server is down!

Please help me!! 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 1:09 PM

37 replies

Feb 6, 2013 1:23 PM in response to razmee209

I really appreciate you fast reply. I contact AT&T and ask for the unlocking service. After providing all the requests documents I got a mail from AT&T that says the iPhone unlocked successfully. In addition, When I am inserting my sim card I can get a reception/signal of my carrier. I Think it means that my sim card was accepted by the iPhone.

May it help somehow? Thanks again and waiting to hear from you.

Feb 6, 2013 1:41 PM in response to razmee209

Yes, I did. I followed the steps I got from the AT&T's mail and I restored my iPhone. Due to restoring my iPhone, the IOS was updated to and I looked very promising but the problem just didn't want to leave😟

When I try to activate again, the fast massage I got is the error massage that "my request can not be proceed".

I really don't know what else I can do. Here are the massages I got when tring activate my iPhone.

(Both WIFI and iTunes):

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/8615/82720689.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5205/40675389.jpg

As you can see the signal/reception is working and the wifi is working.

I thought there is a problem with apple servers and waited for two weeks but I understand that it was waste of time. Please any other options. Thank you again.

Feb 6, 2013 1:54 PM in response to razmee209

Well I have to tell you what is going on with this. I actually tried a several times to contact AT&T and ask from them about my unlocking status. They said that their servers show that my iPhone is unlocked. and after a short conversation I was connected to apple and ask from them the same question but here is the strange thing, apple says that on their servers (Apple's) my iPhone status is still locked. And the only one who can unlock it is AT&T.

but AT&T are always trying to stay away from helping me and connection me back to apple. Do you have an idea for what should I do now? Ty

Feb 6, 2013 2:15 PM in response to Community User

Yes. Back up your iphone. Now erase all data from the iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Now connect your iPhone to your computer and set it up and see if you get the "Congratulations". If you do not then immediately Restore you iPhone as a NEW phone and get the message.

After that Restore your iPhone from Backup.

Feb 6, 2013 2:33 PM in response to Community User

I have excatly the same problem, I have an iPhone 5 and yesterday I restore my device to ios 6.1, was working fine but I just want to upgrade with a clean installation, after the restore process, i Can´t activate it, just display a message saiyng "the activation server is unreachable, try again later" , I tried over wifi, through itunes, and the same result, I guess there is a problem with the apple servers

Feb 6, 2013 4:14 PM in response to deggie

Hey, thank you all for trying to help. I understand what I need to do but I don't understand how I am going to do that. As I told before, I am stuck on the activation screen and can't enter the iPhone's setting or home screen.

I can't skip this screen until I activate my iPhone so there is no way for me to enter the iPhone setting, or maybe there is and I don't know it. I would like to learn how to do that from the activation screen. Thank you all.

Feb 6, 2013 5:08 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

As far as I know the iPhone was never jailbroken before AT&T. But maybe I am wrong, can you please tell me what are my options in situation like this? That's my last hope 😟

Can't activate my iPhone 4s tried everything! Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.