Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Key FRame color, saturation and exposure in FCP X?

Hello,

Excuse the rookie question, but I'm just transfering to FCPX and I need to automate the exposure and maybe some color in FXPX but I can't seem to figure out how. I'v control clicked on the video track to view video animation but I can't add keyframes to the color track. Can anybody help me thith this?

Thanks Mike

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 32 GB of Ram

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 4:06 PM

Color and exposure corrections can be made in the color effect which is the first effect listed in the inspector. They can not be keyframed but apply to the entire clip. You can apply a color or shape mask to isolate your corrections to a portion of the clip. The only way to apply different corrections to a clip is to blade the clip where you want to apply different corrections and then add a cross dissolve to smooth the color transition. Refer to the FCPX user manual for detailed instructions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2013 4:06 PM in response to naturemike

Color and exposure corrections can be made in the color effect which is the first effect listed in the inspector. They can not be keyframed but apply to the entire clip. You can apply a color or shape mask to isolate your corrections to a portion of the clip. The only way to apply different corrections to a clip is to blade the clip where you want to apply different corrections and then add a cross dissolve to smooth the color transition. Refer to the FCPX user manual for detailed instructions.

How do I Key FRame color, saturation and exposure in FCP X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.