Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On export, "Fit within" now equals "Size to" ??!

Hi,

Noticed this a couple of days ago and finally took the time to look into it. When I select "Fit within" as part of any Image Export Preset, Aperture is enlarging ("up-rezzing") Images that are smaller than the set parameters. It does this with either JPG or TIFF specified.

Ex1:

Image size in Aperture: 4328 x 2441

Image export setting: TIFF, Fit within 5,000 x 5000 px.

Exported file image dimensions: 5000 x 2820

Ex2:

Image size in Aperture: 2941 × 4002

Image export setting: JPG, Fit within 8,000 x 8,000 px.

Exported file image dimensions: 5879 × 8000

This is not at all what I want or what I expect.

Can someone confirm that this is how it works with their installation?

Does it make sense?

Didn't it used to work "correctly" -- that is, to shrink as needed and never to enlarge?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion, 16 GB RAM; 500 GB SSD; NEC; Munki

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 3:31 PM

I can confirm that is how it is working in the latest of both Aperture and OS.

I don't remember for sure how it use to work but not upsizing seems to ring a bell.

3 replies

Feb 6, 2013 11:28 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Kirby,

I checked on my Snowleopard machine with Aperture 3.2.4 - it also will blow up the the exported image when I use "fit within" on an image smaller than the specified size, exactly the same as with AP 3.4.3 on MacOS X 10.8.2.

I never noticed, when this did change. You might try the Trial, to check it Aperture 3.1.2 really was behaving differently.

Regards

Léonie

On export, "Fit within" now equals "Size to" ??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.