Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini help

Hello,

I just set my mac mini up and love it! However I have speakers and I plugged it into my mac mini but its still playing the sound through the mini and not my speakers anyone know how I can get it to play through the speakers inside?

Also, I tried downloading Adobe Flash and I keep getting any error that it fails to download any ideas on how to get it to download?

and one other thing I want to use my better minitor how its got the VGA instead of the DVI is there something I can buy that will allow me to use the VGA to the mac mini hdmi cable?

Thanks for any information!

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 4:05 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2013 4:44 PM in response to Dundee15

1. Make sure your plugged into the Audio Output (Headphone) jack and not the Input jack.

User uploaded file

If so, then make sure that the Speaker plug is fully seated into the Output jack.

2. Follow the instructions at > Installation problems | Mac OS

3. You can not convert HDMI to VGA, you need to use a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter and plug it into your ThunderBolt/Mini Display Port.

For the correct adapter, see > Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

Mac Mini help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.