Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I back up or save my Garageband songs just in case I have to restore my iPod Touch?

How can I back up or save my Garageband songs just in case I have to restore my iPod Touch? Because I really don't want to loose my songs that I have worked so hard on. 😟

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 6:21 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2013 11:03 AM in response to léonie

iCloud is the easiest solution to backup Songs.

If you don't use iCloud (which you should), you can copy the GarageBand Songs to your desktop via "iTunes File Transfer". This is a bit more labor intensive.

A third solution is basically a hidden one. Once you save your GarageBand Songs on iCloud, they will be also stored on your computer (if it has iCloud enabled). This has the advantage that the files get backed up with your computer backup (I hope you do that) and on top of that, you can grab those files any time and copy them out of their "hidden" location:

"username"/Library/Mobile Documents/....-mobilegarageband/Documents/

Here is a screenshot from my book where I explain all those procedures in detail.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How can I back up or save my Garageband songs just in case I have to restore my iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.