Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote App is not pulling up the keyboard when in Netflix App Search

When using the Apple Remote on my iPhone, I am not always getting the keyboard option, for example when I am searching in Netflix. I am able to scroll and tap, but no keyboard. What do I need to do to get this to work ?

iPhone 5, Using an Apple TV

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 8:54 PM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2013 12:16 AM in response to skr13

Hey there and best wishes from spring-time Colorado!

I have had this same problem recently, and noticed my friend was experiencing the same issues.

I decided to reinstall Remote.app (the Remote application). I understand that this may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but it did provide an immediate resolution and restored this feature.

For an overly obsessive-compulsive way of doing this, follow these steps:

1) Delete 'Remote.app' from iOS device

2) Restart iOS device (shut down, power on)

3) Download 'Remote.app' from App Store (either search for 'Remote' or find it in your purchases, or load from iTunes... Easiest is to just search for the app on App Store)

4) Launch Remote.app and turn on Home Sharing, using iTunes username and password

5) Select Apple TV, navigate to Netflix search; functionality should have returned!

Best wishes and good luck!

Apr 10, 2013 10:42 PM in response to skr13

I also have (had?) this problem. There's something screwed up with the Remote app. I installed it on my old iPhone 3gs so I could use it as a remote for my ATV3. But when I went to search anywhere, in Netflix, Hulu or within the Apple TV structure itself the keyboard simply was not there.

I deleted the Remote app, restarted the phone, re-installed the app... nothing.

Then I double-clicked the home button, killed the remote app, restarted it and voila... keyboard option is now available.

So IMO something about the Remote app is screwy. Good luck getting it to work consistantly.

Also, why in the WORLD can't the Remote app use the keyboard in landscape? Every third party app can do it. Why can't a native app do it? That's just ridiculous.

Apple Remote App is not pulling up the keyboard when in Netflix App Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.