Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Restore My Iphone 4 After An Update, Please HELP!

Hello,

I bought an Iphone 4 from a friend of friend(they are not tech savvy at all). Confirmed with Sprint that its a clean MEID/ESN for activation.

1. Went to Erase all settings and content and it failed, i.e. nothing erased after 3 hours..

2. I went to manually update the software from the Phones menu after being prompted to do so.. Left it sitting and when I came back, it had a picture of a usb cable going to Itunes..

It is stuck on that screen and when I plug it into Itunes it tells me that the device is in recovery mode.. but I can't restore as it fails.. 1st it was error 21, but now its error 1694?

I have spent the last 6 hours googling away an

d trying everything to fix this..

No matter what I do, I cannot get it into recovery mode, HOME BUTTON was working fine...

I even tried something called TinyUmbrella to "exit recovery" and that fails as well.. (link for the latest version?)

Trying to put it into DFU mode, doesn't seem to work.. I have tried:

http://geekindisguise.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/how-to-put-ipod-touch-iphone-into -dfu-mode/

http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-put-ipod-touch-into-dfu-mode.html

But it doesn't go into that mode and once the apple logo appears I let go of Power/SLeep and continue to hold HOME button but it just goes back to USB/Itunes mode..

PLEASE can anyone help or offer suggestions?

What happened and how can I fix this?

Regards,

Sean

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 7:13 AM

**SOLVED***

After wasting 6hrs and trying everything under the sun, Redsnow, TinyUmbrella, Snowblizzard, Ziphone, ect, ect..

I was able to resolve this by simply switching usb ports.. I was dong this on an Acer netbook and just went from the 2 usb portside to the main one near the power source.. RESTORED via Itunes and I am back to a working phone...

Not sure what caused the issue tho, as I was on a (presumebly) bone stock Iphone and simply tried to update the software from the phone...

oNe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2013 7:13 AM in response to SeaN_Price

**SOLVED***

After wasting 6hrs and trying everything under the sun, Redsnow, TinyUmbrella, Snowblizzard, Ziphone, ect, ect..

I was able to resolve this by simply switching usb ports.. I was dong this on an Acer netbook and just went from the 2 usb portside to the main one near the power source.. RESTORED via Itunes and I am back to a working phone...

Not sure what caused the issue tho, as I was on a (presumebly) bone stock Iphone and simply tried to update the software from the phone...

oNe

Cannot Restore My Iphone 4 After An Update, Please HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.