Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internal output sound problem

Hello everyone, I have a macbook air 11" that I bought almost 4 months ago and the internal output right speaker is not working properly, the sound is not neat compared to the left side. Anyone has had this problem before? Now I have to put all the sound to the left side speaker to listen properly to the music, watch movies, etc. Thanks!

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 2:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 4:36 AM in response to misterparfait

first things frst try resetting the PRAM by holding down CMD-ALT-P-R on start up until the Macbook Air has chimed twice. Ifthat has no affect try resetting the SMC

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

If this fails it looks like a Service repair job

Feb 8, 2013 6:54 AM in response to Tafftech

Thanks for the information Tafftech.

I did both things and still the sound is weird and not neat.

So I think it's a service repair job.

What do you think I can do now? I'm not living in the country where I bought my mac, actually, I'm in Africa (Congo) and there is not an Apple store here nor an AASP or shop retail. Do you think I should contact Apple to let them know about the problem and wait until I'm in a country where there is an Apple store within the period of my coverage?

Thanks for the response! 🙂

internal output sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.