7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 10:40 AM by Fredo68
 katie60 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Every now and then at random intervals my iPad says"zool zool!" in a very out going voice. It even does this if the sound is not on. Is this an activated alert I need to turn off? Or a continuing sound from an app I need to mute? Any ideas? Help please!

iPad, iOS 6.0.1
  • Barry Hemphill Level 8 Level 8 (36,850 points)

New one on me....

Try resetting the iPad (hold the power and home keys down until the Apple logo appears.

Barry

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (45,530 points)

It is probably an app. Think back to what apps you may have added since it started. Check the settings for those apps.

• Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (66,485 points)

Did you set the notification sound for New Mail using "Swoosh"?

Settings>Sounds>Sounds>New Mail>Swoosh

•  katie60 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I tested that sound and it isn't the name noise I hear. A voice plays in an almost French voice zool zool.

• Diavonex Level 9 Level 9 (66,485 points)

Turn off sound on your Games if you think they are causing the sound: Notifications>Notifications>Sound>Off

• 19010 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It's the Simsfreeplay app. When they plant veggies and the iPad is not in use it alerts u with the zool zool sound. I had this same problem and thought I was going crazy hearing these noises. Started thinking a ghost was around or something because I couldn't find where the noise was coming from. :).   Finally figured it out! I don't know how to get the sound to stop, but I just deleted the app.  Hope it helps!

• Fredo68 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have same sound and I do not have this apps. I killed all apps and disable all notifications (so noting is running) and I still have this 'zou zou'. very strange.