Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During call voice becomes scrambled (alien like)

My wife and I both have iPhones, her is iPhone 4 and mine is iPhone 5. We live in an area that AT&T claims to have 'Best Service', but we have to use their Microcell in order to make calls. We have been experiencing and issue for quite a while and has gotten worse recently. We'll be in the middle of a call and the voice, of the person we're speaking with, will become scrambled and sound alien like. Up until yesterday, this only happened while at home, but my wife had it happen at her office yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix for it? Just in case it matters for this issue, we are also experiencing dropped calls and needing to try multiple times for an outgoing call to go through. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 6:26 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 8:39 AM in response to paulcb

We have internet through Time Warner, so I'd say it's pretty good. I have reset the Microcell and that didn't seem to help. We are currently working with AT&T to try and figure this out. I can see it possibly being the Microcell that is causing the issue while we are at home. However, what could have caused it while my wife was near her office yesterday? That seems to eliminate the Microcell as the cause.

During call voice becomes scrambled (alien like)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.