Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My tracks are uploaded correctly on our feed site however once they appear in my iTunesU pages they are in the wrong order. Any ideas?

I upload our content to our own webpages and create a RSS feed into iTunesU, I've never had a problem ordering content, usually Audio files are ordered with the metadata. Video files tended to come into iTunesU in the order they appeared on our feedpages. Now Video files appear in a sparadic order even though they are numbered in order. Nothing I do seems to correct this, I'm guessing its meta data I'm not familiar with that needs to be addressed, does anyone have any suggestions where I'm going wrong?! please be patient with me I am not an IT person I'm a video editor!

Lesley

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 6:41 AM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2013 9:08 AM in response to MrsSheldon

Greetings Lesley;

What version of iTunes are you using to view your content? In the new version of iTunes (11.0.1) tag pages are arranged either by "Most Popular" "Name" or "Release Date". The ability to manually order Collecions now seems to apply only to earlier versions of the iTunes Application. Hope this helps!

By the way, I'm a video editor also!

Syd Rodocker

SRVideo Media Design

Apple iTunes U Administrator

Tennessee's Electronic Learning Center

Feb 12, 2013 1:41 AM in response to Syd Rodocker

Hi Syd,

I'm on iTunes version 10.7 so I'm not sure it's that.....it's in the iTunesU public site manager pages I'm looking at, then the live preview pages of the collection are showing in the incorrect order. It's strange because I've never had this issue before, the last 2 new collection's I've made have both had this problem. Also the image I've uploaded for the collection isn't showing at all?!

Thanks for your help, nice to know I'm not the only video editor doing this, although blindly stumbling around in the dark with this one!

Lesley

Feb 26, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Syd Rodocker

Hi Syd,

Sorry for the late reply, I don't use the feed editor, I use a RSS feed from our own webite but the content is always displayed in the order it is uploaded in our pages. It's sort by 'source' in the collection feed, (which displays it in the correct order)

Does all that make sense?! I'm not sure it's linked to this problem but I'm also getting little yellow warning triangles on the collections page in the iTunes Public Site Manager, they read-

' sitemanger.itunes.apple.com out connecting to this feed at this time. read timed out' and another one says

'ding this feed. Bad http result code: 504'

Any ideas, this would suggest problems with our Feed perhaps? I'm really lost with this!

Thanks so much for your help

Lesley

My tracks are uploaded correctly on our feed site however once they appear in my iTunesU pages they are in the wrong order. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.