Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fill a shape with an imported image?

FCP7.

I've imported a full-screen, square-shaped image, and want to use part of it as a background behind text.

How do I create/change the shape of the image so that it's oval-shaped, and then use that new graphic in conjunction with generated text?

iMac - Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 10:01 AM

LarrryC wrote:

How do I create/change the shape of the image so that it's oval-shaped,

Put the clip on the timeline, go to Effects > Video Filters > Matte > Matte Shape and apply the Matte Shape effect to your clip on the timeline.

Double click the clip on the timeline to open it in the Viewer, in the Viewer click on the Filters tab and adjust it to the look you want.

LarrryC wrote:

then use that new graphic in conjunction with generated text?

Not sure what this means, but you can place text above the clip you applied the matte to.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2013 10:01 AM in response to LarrryC

LarrryC wrote:

How do I create/change the shape of the image so that it's oval-shaped,

Put the clip on the timeline, go to Effects > Video Filters > Matte > Matte Shape and apply the Matte Shape effect to your clip on the timeline.

Double click the clip on the timeline to open it in the Viewer, in the Viewer click on the Filters tab and adjust it to the look you want.

LarrryC wrote:

then use that new graphic in conjunction with generated text?

Not sure what this means, but you can place text above the clip you applied the matte to.

MtD

How do I fill a shape with an imported image?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.