Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mobile safari tries to sync (forever) icloud tabs

since i updated my iphone 4s to ios 6.1 i want to use the safari sync feature.

i configured everything (on phone & mac & no, i'm not in private surfing mode) and since i start mobile safari it tries to sync the data, but it never ends. the little sign next to the wifi signal is spinning and spinning. and that before i even typed a link in.

on my macbook pro (10.8.2, 17'', 2009, coreduo 3.06) i then get tons of error messages like this:

07.02.13 17:59:14,255 apsd[191]: <APSConnectionNotificationQueue: 0x7fad3b8bd490>: outstanding count -1 for com.apple.apsd-queue-port=com.apple.safaridavclient.push-user=501-env=productio n

i googled around but didn't find anything (of course i tried icloud safari sync on & of, restart safari, restart macbook, repair rights etc).

the strange thing is, with myupdated ipad (ios 6.1) bookmarks get synced (but open tabs not).

any helpful suggestions out there?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1, ipad 3 3G, macbook pro 10.8.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:27 AM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2013 5:28 AM in response to lliebold

problem solved:

go to settings/icloud and disable safari sync.

go via iexplorer or, if you got your iphone jailbreaked via ifile to:

/user/library/safari

and delete these files:

Bookmarks.db-shm

Bookmarks.db-wal

Bookmarks.db

reboot or pespring iphone.

go to settings/icloud and activate safari sync.

voila, after a first time sync all bookmarks are in place and syncing will stop.

mobile safari tries to sync (forever) icloud tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.