Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've just discovered that with the newest version of iTunes you can no longer delete apps you don't want. You used to be able to do so by connecting to to desktop computer and delete them. Tech support said you can't delete apps anymore. Not Good!

I've just discovered that with the newest version of iTunes you can no longer delete iPod Touch/iPhone apps you don't want. You used to be able to do so by going onto iTunes on your desktop computer and deleting them. Not Good! I just called tech support and they said that in this version there is no way to delete them. They also said there have been numerous complaints about this. You can't even delete them from your applications folder. It's as though you're being held hostage to apps you tried, but do not want.

While we're on the subject, I don't like the fact the the iPod touch comes with unistalable apps such as: Passbook, Nike & iPod, Newsstand, and Game Center. Don't want them, will never use them. Give customers the option to delete apps that we don't want. Call Apple's corporate customer care. escalation, and complain untill they fix this.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1, With iTunes 11.01

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:26 AM

11 replies

Feb 7, 2013 11:33 AM in response to the fiend

Actually, the fiend, you're incorrect. Are you using iTunes newest version, 11.0.1? You can not delete apps you've purchased or downloaded for free. I'm a very technical person, in a very technical field. If there was a way to do it, trust me, I would have figured it out in a heartbeat. You can't do it anymore. This was even confirmed by iPod/iPhone and iTunes technical support.

And IIIaass, I know that! What I was saying is that one shuld be able to delete apps that ne does ot want.

Feb 7, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Nashville bass cat

Your purchases are permanently tied to your account, but you can hide those you no longer wish to see and delete them from your local library and devices.

Go to iTunes Store > Home > Purchased > Apps, put your pointer over any app that you want to hide and click the small cross that appears at the top left. You can then delete the app from the Apps section of your library and any devices it is synced with.

To restore hidden purchases go to the menu item Store > View My Apple ID, sign in and then use the option to View Hidden Purchases.

BTW, nice illustration Fiend. 😉

tt2

I've just discovered that with the newest version of iTunes you can no longer delete apps you don't want. You used to be able to do so by connecting to to desktop computer and delete them. Tech support said you can't delete apps anymore. Not Good!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.