Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Podcast Descriptions on iPod Classic after Changing Media Kind to Podcast

Hi,

I have spoken word mp3 episodes as Media Kind: Music that I want to listen to on my iPod Classic 120 GB as Podcasts mainly because I want to be able to view the episode description of each to see the content while choosing which to listen to.

I have all the meta data entered, including the Description, for each episode, and in iTunes 11.0.1 OS X, I change the Media Kind: from Music to Podcast. The episodes go into the Podcast Menu fine and I can see the Description for each episode in iTunes.

However, when I sync my iPod and the Podcasts sync successfully to the device, each of these episodes is treated by the iPod as music in that when I press the center button to cycle through to the Description, the cycle sequence is like it is Music and the Description is not shown--it goes from Rating to the main screen and skips the Description.

Does anyone know if this is an iTunes or an iPod Classic issue, or if I (likely) am just missing something simple to be able to view the Descriptions.

I can get the Podcasts published successfully with the descriptions shown on the iPod using Typecast, but I have descriptions entered for a couple of dozen episodes already and I didn't want to have to do it all again if there was a simple fix.

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Intel Core i7

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:52 AM

There are no replies.

Viewing Podcast Descriptions on iPod Classic after Changing Media Kind to Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.