Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS application missing from notification center

Problem: The app doesn't appear on notification center and it is unable to receive push notifications right after installation completes and the app registers for push notifications via 'registerForRemoteNotificationTypes:'.

Details:

• The app usually appears in notification center after the device is restarted and after that everything works just fine.
  • Sometimes the app shows up in notification center right after intallation and registration for APNs(I still can't confirm this but I think I stumbled upon such situations).
  • The app calls the method registerForRemoteNotificationTypes each time a user logins and each time a user logouts respectively with bit masks (UIRemoteNotificationTypeAlert | UIRemoteNotificationTypeBadge | UIRemoteNotificationTypeSound) and UIRemoteNotificationTypeNone.
  • enabledRemoteNotificationTypes returns correct values.
  • initially I used the method unregisterForRemoteNotifications on logout but I changed it to registerForRemoteNotificationTypes:UIRemoteNotificationTypeNone due to suspicians that this could be causing the problem .
  • This problem occurs in both development and adhoc builds and irrespectively of whether the app is installed via xcode or itunes.

Any thoughts and advices will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 9:20 AM

2 replies

iOS application missing from notification center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.