Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having trouble using airplay with iPad and 6.1

When we have more than 3 ipads in the room, we cannot connect to airplay and apple tv. Why not?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 10:16 AM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2013 9:09 PM in response to shell93013

Since installing iOS 6.1 on my iPad, AirPlay stopped working, Airplay shows you the selection menu. In my case the iPad and my Windows PC. I select the PC and Airplay just recycles the displayed menu.

Maybe it is related to the fact that I am unable to install the latest AirServer version on my Windows 7 Pro PC. At times when AirServer starts, I get asked if I want to install the latest version and when I select that, it fails during download. I reported that problem to Apple a week or more ago with the OS version, anti-virus I am using, etc. NO RESPONSE. I paid for AirServer...

(I have version 1.1.2.0 and in the attempt to update to 1.1.5, it shows "A request error occurred" above the progress bar.)

Feb 10, 2013 11:10 PM in response to Sumo Mobi

Got it working.

Before when I tried to download a fresh copy of AirServer, I still ended up with version 1.1.2 even though 1.1.5 was the latest. Now when you download AirServer, you get version 1.1.5. I downloaded 1.1.5, stopped AirServer, installed 1.1.5 and all are good now...

Tip: If your AirPlay icon disappears, change the language (to something you kind of understand so that you can swicth back to original language). Worked for me both times the AirPlay icon disappeared (when it was not supposed to be MIA).

having trouble using airplay with iPad and 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.