Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings has a notification cant make it get away?

Tried everything anylne knows whats up?

Ipad 3-OTHER, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 11:36 AM

10 replies

Feb 7, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Less504

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the iPad shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the iPad back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

Feb 7, 2013 12:45 PM in response to Less504

Try to reset the device (won't delete anything like music, apps settings, etc):

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Also try logging out of your AppleID/iTunes account, then log back in. Seems like the update is not being flagged by your AppleID as being actually applied, even though you said you already applied it. What does Settings/General/Software Update tell you? If you've updated correctly, it should say "iOS 6.1 Your software is up to date".

Feb 7, 2013 12:57 PM in response to Less504

When I updated to iOS 6.1 (from 6.0.1), I did it through iTunes (did not use the OTA option even though it had already downloaded to the devices) on all my devices and had no trouble with the notification clearing. Maybe it will sort itself out in time...this is the first I've heard of the notification not clearing after updating.

Settings has a notification cant make it get away?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.