Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't the Apple logo light up when my MacBook Pro is closed to sleep?

Hey guys, I own a MacBook Pro (2009) and I have an issue concerning the light for the logo at the back of my laptop. My Sleep Indicator Light seems to be working perfectly but whenever I close my laptop (when it's still on), the apple logo doesn't seem to glow/light up. Is there something wrong with my laptop? From what I've seen and watched from all other Apple laptops, whenever they close it, the apple logo at the back glows. How come mine doesn't? Please help! Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 12:22 PM

The Apple logo doesn't light up when the lid is closed. On or not, the only time the Apple Logo is lit is when the display is on. The LEDs that lighten the display, also lighten the Apple Logo on the display housing.

5 replies

Feb 7, 2013 12:36 PM in response to A Magno

Thank you coander15 and OGELTHORPE for answering my question. However, I am still confused. How come that some MacBook Pros glow/ light up their apple logo when their lid is closed? This does not necessarily mean that it is on sleep but it is closed and the logo is glowing. Is it not that you have seen this too? So when is it possible then for the Apple logo to glow (blinking slowly)? Thank you for your answers to come!

Oct 27, 2014 2:06 PM in response to A Magno

The logo on the MacBook pro turns off whenever the display turns off. E.g: When on standby. However some people may have their Macbook Pro set up not to go to sleep when the lid is closed. Hence the Apple logo stays shining. If you were to get a peep at under the lid of the laptop you will notice that this display is still on.

This feature can be changed via settings.

Hope this helps.

Why doesn't the Apple logo light up when my MacBook Pro is closed to sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.