Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I keep photos older than 30 days on my Photostream?

I'd like to precisely control what photos are on my Photostream. I know how to add photos manually (I'm doing so in Aperture 3). I'd like to KEEP photos older than 30 days. Can I turn the 30 day limit OFF?

Is that possible?

I'm trying to find a work-around from the MobileMe era: I used to stream photo albums on MobileMe to my Apple TV, which I could then show on my TV set - it was a great way have a slideshow. Now, the Photostream leaves little ability to modify, and I'm trying to come up with another way to achieve the slideshows.

I'm not interested in the auto-load-to Photostream from my iPhone or iPad. I have tried using third party solutions, such as AirParrot to get my MBP to my AppleTV and big screen TV. BUT, my mid-2009 MBP has the NVIDIA driver that conflicts with any third party driver, causing a host of drag 'n drop and screensaver issues. And Apple has remained silent in addressing the issue, which is an Apple-NVIDIA problem.

Grateful for any help ~

Greg

MacBook Pro w/ 27 , Mac OS X (10.7.1), 27" iMac; 2TB Ext + Drobo FS 4TB b/u via Airport Extreme

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 2:34 PM

You can't turn off the 30 day limit.

Photostream shared albums will do what you want.

Why don't you just homeshare the photos from your computer through iTunes to your Apple TV.

2 replies

Can I keep photos older than 30 days on my Photostream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.